As promised earlier this month, I’m sharing my Crock-Pot Chicken Fajitas recipe with you. (You could just as easily call this Crock-Pot Chicken Soft Tacos, since you’re really making the chicken and seasonings in the Crock Pot. How you serve it is up to you!)
Personally, I like eating these chicken fajitas on a soft flour tortilla with extra salsa, sour cream, lettuce, tomato, and cheese. Yum-my!
My friend Amy shared this recipe with me earlier this year, and let me tell you…it has been such a time saver! The meat always turns out tender and flavorful, and it’s so versatile that you can use it however you choose.
So yes, these Crock-Pot Chicken Fajitas are flavorful. And yes, they save a lot of time, since you just plop everything in the Crock Pot that morning and return to a ready meal 6 – 8 hours later.
But my favorite thing about this recipe is its simplicity. All you need are boneless, skinless chicken breasts, a package of taco seasoning, a jar of salsa, and sliced green peppers and yellow onions. That’s it!
You can even omit the peppers and onions, although I don’t recommend it. They add a lot of flavor and give the chicken that fajita flair. Otherwise, this dinner would just be titled Crock-Pot Chicken Soft Tacos. But if you really hate peppers and onions, by all means, leave them out! This is your dinner and your family we’re talking about, and you really do know what’s best for them!
Here’s what you’ll need.
4 – 6 boneless, skinless chicken breasts (I use four, which is more than enough for my family. If you’re serving a larger crowd, use six, but you might want to consider a larger jar of salsa if you do.)
1 package taco seasoning mix
1 (16-oz.) jar of salsa (I used a pint of homemade salsa that I canned last fall with ingredients fresh from the summer garden, but any jar of salsa will do.)
1 green bell pepper, sliced (Again, mine came straight from the freezer, saved from last summer, hence the ice crystals in the photo!)
1 small yellow onion, sliced
1. Place the chicken breasts in the bottom of the slow cooker.
2. Cover with taco seasoning, peppers and onions.
3. Pour in a full, 16-oz. jar of salsa.
4. Cover and cook on low for 6 – 8 hours.
5. Serve on warm tortillas with all your favorite fixings!
Here’s the printable version:
- 4 - 6 boneless, skinless chicken breasts (Add more salsa if you choose 6 breasts.)
- 1 package taco seasoning mix
- 1 (16-oz.) jar of salsa
- 1 green bell pepper, sliced
- 1 small yellow onion, sliced
- Place the chicken breasts in the bottom of the slow cooker.
- Cover with taco seasoning, peppers and onions.
- Pour in a full, 16-oz. jar of salsa.
- Cover and cook on low for 6 – 8 hours.
- Serve on warm tortillas with all your favorite fixings!